Manifold Atlas:Editing protocols
From Manifold Atlas
(Redirected from Manifold Atlas:Writing groups)
This page describes the different editing possibilities for pages in the Atlas.
1 Open-editing pages
- Open-editing pages can be edited by any registered user.
- Open-editing pages offer the possibility of massively parallel collaboration for recording, organising and developing information about manifolds.
- Open editing-pages require scientific co-operation and team-work a la Wikipedia.
- You should feel free to:
- edit typos,
- fix mistakes,
- add hyerlinks,
- add new sections and subsections,
- improve presentation and organistaion (but think carefully here).
- Please think carefully before making significant changes to existing text.
- When in doubt about a prospective edit use the discussion page or email the other active users on the page.
- If there there is no response after a couple of days, proceed with your planned edit.
- After making changes, especially major changes, it is helpful to leave a remark on the discussion page explaining or describing your edit.
2 Restricted-editing pages
- Restricted-editing pages can be edited only by a single author or team of authors:
- Restricted-editing pages offer the possibility for an expert or team of experts to develop information about manifolds in public and over the web.
- Apart from having edit rights restricted, restricted-editing pages are open to development, editorial review and discussion just as an open-editing page.
- All Atlast users can write on the discussion pages of restricted-editing pages and provide feed-back, questions or suggestions.
- A new author can be added to an restritced-editing page at any time if all the current authors agree to it.
- If all authors agree, a restricted-editing page can be released to become an open-editing page at any time.
- However this is, in general, an irreversible process.
- The author template appears at the top of each restricted-editing page making the responsible users immediately visible.
- The Atlas convention is to list author names alphabetically.